General Motors has recently issued a recall for certain Chevrolet Silverado Medium-Duty Trucks, specifically 4500HD, 5500HD, and 6500HD models, for model years 2019 to 2023. This recall, affecting approximately 40,428 vehicles, addresses a potential brake pressure sensor assembly defect that could lead to brake fluid leaks and short circuits, increasing the risk of a fire while driving or parked. Cronauer Law, a reputable personal injury law firm, is committed to representing those affected by this recall and helping them seek the compensation they deserve for any damages or injuries sustained due to this defect.
Cronauer Law is a leading personal injury law firm with extensive experience representing clients in complex product liability cases. Our dedicated team of attorneys has the knowledge and resources necessary to handle your Chevrolet Silverado Medium-Duty Truck recall claim and help you seek the compensation you deserve.
Why choose Cronauer Law over other firms
When you need representation in a case against a drug company, you need an experienced law firm with a reputation for getting results.
Cronauer Law has been standing up to drug companies on behalf of injured individuals for over 40 years. We have recovered more than $200 Million for our deserving clients.
Our Product liability lawyers are nationally acclaimed, having earned the following recognition from our peers:
Several Verdicts ranked in the top 10 year after year
- Top 40 lawyers under 40
- Most impressive plaintiff verdict
We earned these recognitions with our attorneys’ consistency in winning historic verdicts and settlements, including the following Manufacturer case results:
- $16.5 Million against a Major car manufacturer for unsafe roof design
- $600k settlement due to permanent injuries caused by a faulty pressurized pipe sourced from a foreign manufacturer with poor materials and quality controls.
- A $1M settlement was negotiated for our client who suffered 3rd degree burns due to a flash fire caused by improper maintenance of a boat.
Our law firm has gained a reputation for being one of the most intimidating in the country for large car manufacturers and we possess the necessary expertise to effectively litigate cases involving defective and recalled vehicles.
Chevrolet Silverado Truck recall
General Motors is recalling certain Chevrolet Silverado medium-duty trucks for model years 2019 to 2023 due to a potential leak in the brake pressure sensor assembly that could result in a fire. Approximately 40,428 vehicles, including 4500HD, 5500HD, and 6500HD models, may be affected.
Signs of the defect
The defect may cause brake fluid to leak and result in a short circuit, which increases the risk of a fire while driving or parked.
Who is liable?
General Motors, as the manufacturer of the affected vehicles, may be held liable under the doctrine of strict liability and negligence.
Possible liability for General Motors
General Motors can be held strictly liable for the damages caused by the brake pressure sensor assembly defect in the Chevrolet Silverado Medium-Duty Trucks for several reasons:
- The product was inherently unsafe: The brake pressure sensor assembly defect in the affected Chevrolet Silverado trucks poses a significant safety risk, as it may cause brake fluid leaks, short circuits, and an increased risk of fire while the vehicle is either driving or parked. Such a dangerous defect renders the product inherently unsafe for its intended use.
- The product suffered a defect during manufacture: The defect in the brake pressure sensor assembly indicates that there was an issue during the manufacturing process. This manufacturing defect directly affects the safety and reliability of the trucks, making General Motors liable for the damages caused by their faulty product.
- The company failed to provide adequate warnings and instructions: General Motors has issued a recall, advising owners of potentially affected models to park outdoors and away from structures until the recall repair is completed. However, this warning may not be sufficient to protect consumers from the potential dangers posed by the defect, as the risk of a fire can occur while driving or parked. The company’s failure to provide adequate warnings and instructions for safe use of their product exposes them to liability for any damages or injuries caused by the defect.
Under the doctrine of strict liability, manufacturers, distributors, and retailers can be held liable if a consumer is harmed and can prove at least one of these conditions. In this case, General Motors meets all three criteria, making them strictly liable for the damages caused by the brake pressure sensor assembly defect in the affected Chevrolet Silverado Medium-Duty Trucks.
How can Cronauer Law help with my Chevrolet Silverado Medium-Duty Truck recall claim?
Our experienced attorneys can evaluate your case, gather evidence, and pursue compensation on your behalf. We can help you navigate the legal process and fight for the justice you deserve.
We can provide invaluable assistance to victims affected by cases such as the Chevrolet Silverado Medium-Duty Truck recall. Our experienced attorneys offer a range of services that you may not have access to without legal representation:
- Case evaluation: We provide a free, no-obligation case review to determine the validity of your claim and assess the potential for compensation based on the circumstances and damages incurred.
- Legal guidance and advice: Our attorneys help you understand the legal process, your rights, and the best course of action to take in your particular case. We also provide advice on the various legal avenues available for pursuing compensation.
- Gathering evidence: We conduct a thorough investigation into your case, gathering crucial evidence such as documentation related to the recall, expert testimonies, and medical records, to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Negotiating settlements: Our skilled attorneys negotiate with the responsible parties, such as General Motors and their insurers, to reach a fair settlement that adequately compensates you for your damages and injuries.
- Litigation: If a settlement cannot be reached, we represent you in court, presenting a persuasive case and advocating for your rights to obtain the maximum compensation possible.
- Handling paperwork and communication: We manage all the necessary legal paperwork, filings, and communication with the responsible parties, allowing you to focus on your recovery and personal well-being.
- Contingency fee arrangement: At Cronauer Law, we work on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you do not have to pay any upfront legal fees. Instead, we are paid a percentage of the compensation awarded to you, ensuring that legal representation is accessible to those who need it.
By retaining our services, you can navigate the complex legal process with confidence and increase your chances of obtaining the justice and compensation you deserve.
What kind of compensation can a victim receive?
Compensation may include economic and non-economic damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and loss of a bodily function, depending on the severity of the injury and its impact on your life.
Contact Cronauer Law Today
If you have been affected by the Chevrolet Silverado Medium-Duty Truck recall and suffered damages or injuries, don’t hesitate to contact Cronauer Law for experienced and dedicated representation. Call us today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about how we can help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
How much time do I have to file a Chevrolet Silverado Medium-Duty Truck recall claim?
The time limit to file a claim varies depending on your jurisdiction. In most cases, there is a 2 year time limit form the date of injury to file a law suit. It is essential to consult with a lawyer as soon as possible to ensure your rights are protected.
Who can file a Chevrolet Silverado Medium-Duty Truck recall claim?
Owners of affected vehicles who have suffered damages or injuries as a result of the defect may be eligible to file a claim. If you are unsure whether you have a valid claim, it is best to consult with a knowledgeable attorney.
The nature of the auto defect in the Chevrolet Silverado Medium-Duty Trucks involves a brake pressure sensor assembly that may allow brake fluid to leak, causing a short circuit. This defect increases the risk of a fire while the vehicle is either driving or parked. As a result, victims may have experienced various damages and injuries, including:
- Property damage: The defect can lead to fires, causing damage to the affected vehicle or other property, such as nearby structures or vehicles in a parking lot.
- Personal injury: In case of a fire or brake failure caused by the defect, victims may suffer injuries ranging from minor burns or abrasions to severe injuries such as fractures, spinal cord injuries, or traumatic brain injuries.
- Emotional distress: The potential danger posed by the defect can lead to emotional distress, anxiety, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) for the affected individuals and their families.
- Medical expenses: Victims may incur medical costs for the treatment of injuries sustained due to the defect, including hospital stays, surgeries, medications, rehabilitation, or ongoing care.
- Lost wages: Injured victims may lose income due to the time taken off work for medical treatment and recovery. In severe cases, they may also lose their earning capacity if they are unable to return to their previous occupation.
- Loss of use of vehicle: The affected vehicle may become undrivable, requiring repair or replacement, causing inconvenience and additional expenses for alternative transportation.
- Diminished vehicle value: The recalled vehicles may suffer a decrease in resale value as a result of the defect and associated recall.
By understanding the nature of the auto defect and the potential damages and injuries experienced by victims, our legal team can better assess the compensation you may be entitled to and build a strong case on your behalf.
The best way to determine whether you have a case is to meet with a Auto Defect lawyer. At Cronauer Law, we offer free, no-obligation case reviews. We work on a contingency fee agreement, meaning you pay nothing for our services until we win a successful settlement or verdict.