On Monday, at approximately 3:12 p.m., a devastating car-motorcycle accident occurred at the Keslinger Road entrance to Kaneland High School, resulting in the death of the 60-year-old motorcyclist, Mr. John B. Smith of Maple Park, Illinois.
Detailed circumstances surrounding the accident are as follows:
- A car, driven by a 16-year-old girl from Sugar Grove, exited the parking lot of Kaneland High School and collided with a Harley Davidson motorcycle traveling west on Keslinger Road.
- The impact of the collision caused the motorcyclist to be ejected, and despite immediate life-saving measures, Mr. Smith was pronounced dead at the scene.
- The teen driver has been issued citations alleging failure to avoid an accident and disobeying a stop sign.
- Evidence collected at the scene, including video footage of the crash, has been taken with the assistance of the Kane County Sheriff’s Office Evidence Division and Kane County Drone Team for further analysis.
- Keslinger Road was closed from Meredith to Dauberman roads during the investigation, and many students witnessed the crash.
- This incident marks the fourth motorcycle fatality since May in Kane County.
Our thoughts and heartfelt sympathies are with the families affected by this tragic accident. At Cronauer Law, we are committed to providing expert legal support to those impacted by negligence on the road.
If you or someone you know is connected to the parties involved and is seeking legal remedy, our dedicated team of professionals is here to help. We offer compassionate, professional guidance tailored to your unique situation, and we will advocate for your rights with diligence and integrity.
Please contact us at 815-895-8585 for legal assistance. We stand ready to extend our legal services to those in need in our community, aligned with our unwavering mission to support victims and their families.